The American Folk Art Museum is open! We look forward to welcoming you. All visitors will be required to have a ticket to enter the Museum’s galleries. Please reserve yours in advance. Admission is always free.
Hours of Operation
Wednesday – Sunday 11:30 AM – 6:00 p.m.
A review of our guidelines can help you plan for your visit before you arrive and ensure you get the most out of your experience. By visiting the Museum, you agree to abide by these policies.
Per the City of New York’s Emergency Executive Order 225, all guests over the age of 12 must show proof of vaccination and a corresponding form of identification to visit the American Folk Art Museum’s galleries.
Proof of vaccination may be established by:
- A CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card or an official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state, or country where the vaccine was administered or a digital or physical photo of such a card or record, reflecting the person’s name, vaccine brand, and date administered; or
- A New York City COVID Safe Pass; or
- A New York State Excelsior Pass
Proof of identification may be established by:
- An official document bearing the name of the individual and a photo or date of birth.
- Examples of acceptable identification include but are not limited to: driver’s license, non-driver government ID card, IDNYC, passport, and school ID card.
For your safety and the safety of others:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick
- All visitors and staff are required to wear a face mask or face covering. One will be provided to you free of charge if you do not have one
- Maintain 6 feet of distancing between individuals not in your party
- Touch-free hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the Museum
- Follow one-way directional signage
- Follow the direction of Museum security and staff
For those who cannot join us in person, the Museum will continue to offer opportunities to engage online with new programs, concerts, and art-making activities throughout the fall. All virtual programs are free with optional suggested donations to support ongoing programming. A continually updated schedule is available on the Museum’s website.