The Membership Experience
Your membership vitally supports the American Folk Art Museum’s mission to uphold the legacy of traditional folk art and self-taught art. All memberships are 100 percent tax deductible.
- Invitations for two to opening-night exhibition receptions
- Eligibility to participate in tours of private home collections, galleries, and other museums
- Invitations to Folk Art Friends weeks, with special events for you and your accompanying guests
- Exclusive passes to various art shows in New York City
- Invitations to curator-led tours at the museum
- Discounted admission to all educational and public programs
- Receive your choice of the Antiques & Fine Art Magazine, Magazine Antiques.
- Stay informed with the museum’s monthly e-mail newsletter
- 10 percent discount on all purchases at the Museum Shop plus special opportunities for extra discounts
- Discounts at local shops and restaurants—click here for more information
For questions, to purchase by phone, or to purchase a gift membership, please contact the membership department at 212. 595. 9533, ext. 313, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
U.S. members living 150 miles outside of New York City may deduct $10 from General Membership Categories. Non-U.S. members, please add $10.
General Membership benefits for two adults plus:
- Special Patron Member gift from the Museum Shop, including selected exhibition catalogs
- Reciprocal membership and discounts at more than one thousand participating museums throughout the United States
- Additional reciprocal free admission and gift shop discounts to more institutions participating in the Modern and Contemporary Reciprocal Benefits Program (Mod/Co), which includes the Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, Des Moines Art Center, Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, and the Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM).
All Contributing Patron Membership benefits plus:
- Four complimentary tickets to public programs ($40–200 value) within the year
- Additional reciprocal free admission and gift shop discounts to more institutions participating in the Art Museum Reciprocal Network (AMRN), which includes the Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and the Philadelphia Museum of Art; and the Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM), which includes the Mutter Museum, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, and The Contemporary Jewish Museum (CJM)
All Sustaining Patron Membership benefits plus:
- Name recognition in the museum’s annual report
- Invitations to private gallery talks with curators and to other special events
Director’s Circle $1,000
All Benefactor Patron Membership benefits plus:
- Invitations for two to VIP preview exhibition receptions and other exclusive events
- Gift membership at Dual/Family level to share with friends or family
Folk Art Circle $2,500
All Director’s Circle Patron Membership benefits plus:
- Name recognition on donor signage in the museum
- Private curator-led tour on request for up to six guests
- Name recognition as the sponsor of a museum object on display
Young Folk $150
Special opportunity for members in their twenties and thirties
- General Membership benefits plus invitations to Young Folk parties, collection tours, and more