May 11–20, 2016
When you gaze upon the Mediterranean, F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote, “You know at once why it was here that man first stood erect and stretched out his arms toward the sun.” Join for a unique opportunity to bask in that golden light aboard the luxurious Sea Cloud II, sailing from Rome to the Costa del Sol in search of iconic islands and magnificent museums. The American Folk Art Museum has joined the Museum Travel Alliance, which provides museum members the opportunity for high-end educational travel programming.
- A walking tour of Alghero, Sardinia, a beautiful medieval Catalan town surrounded by golden sea walls
- A private reception with the owners of one of the largest estates on Menorca, in the Balearic Islands
- The unique collections and sculpture garden of the Pilar & Joan Miró Foundation, housed in a building designed by Rafael Moneo
- The Juan March Foundation in Palma de Mallorca, with its works by Picasso, Dalí, and others
- A morning in Granada at the legendary Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens, recognized by UNESCO