The Membership Experience
Your membership vitally supports the American Folk Art Museum’s mission to uphold the legacy of traditional folk art and self-taught art. All memberships are 100% tax deductible.
- Invitations for two to opening-night exhibition receptions
- Eligibility to participate in tours of private home collections, galleries, and other museums
- Invitations to Folk Art Friends weeks, with special events for you and your accompanying guests
- Exclusive passes to various art shows in New York City
- Invitations to curator-led tours at the museum
- Discounted admission to all educational and public programs
- Receive your choice of the Magazine Antiques, Art in America, or Modern Magazine.
- Stay informed with the museum’s monthly e-mail newsletter.
- 10% discount on all purchases at the Museum Shop plus special opportunities for extra discounts
- Discounts at local shops and restaurants—click here for more information
For questions, to purchase by phone, or to purchase a gift membership, please contact the membership department at 212. 265. 1040, ext. 312, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
U.S. members living 150 miles outside of New York City may deduct $10 from General Membership Categories. Non-U.S. members, please add $10.
General Membership benefits for two adults plus:
- Special Patron Member gift from the Museum Shop, including selected exhibition catalogs
- Reciprocal membership and discounts at more than seven hundred participating museums throughout the United States
All Contributing Patron Membership benefits plus:
- Four complementary tickets to public programs ($40–200 value) within the year
All Sustaining Patron Membership benefits plus:
- Name recognition in the museum’s Annual Report
- Invitations to private gallery talks with curators to and other special events
Director’s Circle $1,000
All Benefactor Patron Membership benefits plus:
- Invitations for two to VIP preview exhibition receptions and other exclusive events
- Gift membership at Dual/Family level to share with friends or family
Folk Art Circle $2,500
All Director’s Circle Patron Membership benefits plus:
- Name recognition on donor signage in the museum
- Private curator-led tour on request for up to six guests
- Name recognition as the sponsor of a museum object on display
Young Folk $150
Special opportunity for members in their twenties and thirties
- General Membership benefits plus invitations to Young Folk parties, collection tours, and more